- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush outsides of each mushroom cap with 1 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
- In a small skillet heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil over medium-low heat. Add shallot, onion and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes. Then add bell pepper and diced tomatoes ; sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Place goat cheese in a mixing bowl and add heated vegetables; stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Fill mushroom caps with vegetable-goat cheese mixture
- Place mushroom caps on grill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until mushroom is tender.
- Place on a toasted bun.
Option: To serve as an appetizer, skip the bun and stuff the goat cheese mix into crimini or baby bella mushrooms, perfect for a bite-sized appetizer!<