Meatball Directions and Nutritional Information
- In a large skillet heat extra-virgin olive oil on medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender. Spray 5 quart or larger slow cooker. Add onion and garlic and remaining sauce ingredients. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. Serve on pasta of your choice.
- Meat can be added to the sauce if desired.Below is a meatball recipe that could be added to the sauce at the beginning of the cook time.
- In a large bowl mix turkey, oatmeal, basil, black pepper, garlic cloves and eggs.
- Shape into 2 inch balls, should get 14-16 meatballs. Press 1 mozzarella ball into center of each meatball and seal inside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook just until browned on all sides. Place half of the sauce in slow cooker, add meatballs and then last half of sauce. Follow directions above for cook time.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS PER SERVING
Calories 240, Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 145mg, Sodium 80mg, Carbohydrate 3g, Fiber 0g, Protein 24g,
Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%