Baked Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Wings
Chicken wings are classic game food, but there is nothing classic about these wings! Sriracha ketchup adds an amazing combination of sweetness and spiciness in every bite! Baked to crisp perfection and tossed in a sauce that treats your taste buds with a flavorful punch!
1/2 cup orange juice1/2 cup chicken broth2 tablespoons chili powderJuice of one lemon2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce2 garlic cloves, minced2 tablespoons Dijon mustard1/4 cup brown sugar2 teaspoon chopped fresh oreganoSalt and black pepper to taste30 chicken wings, tips removed, rinsed and patted dry4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- To prepare the sauce, combine all the above ingredients in a heavy saucepan, except wings and scallions.
- Bring to a boil on high and then reduce to simmer, stirring constantly to blend the flavors, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Using a sharp knife, separate the chicken wings at the joint.
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl and toss with 1 ½ cups of sauce. Lay the pieces on 2 or 3 baking sheets (do not overcrowd them, you don't want them to steam).
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, basting once or twice with the sauce.
- Serve the wings on a platter and sprinkle with scallions.