This hearty Italian soup is chocked full of vegetables, pasta and red beans for a nutritious meal! Makes enough to serve a group or freeze for a quick meal anytime.
1 small onion, chopped1 clove garlic, minced2 teaspoons Italian seasoning2 tablespoons olive oil1 (46 ounce) can Red Gold® Vegetable Juice 46 oz2 (14.5 ounce) cans Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes Basil, Garlic & Oregano 14.5 oz3 cups water, hot or nearly boiling2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillion, reduced sodium or vegatable bouillion to make vegetarian1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, uncooked1 cup small seashell pasta, or elbow macaroni, uncooked1 small zucchini, cut in half lenghtwise, then slicedParmesan cheese, grated, optional for garnish
- In large kettle, cook onion, garlic and Italian seasoning in oil until browned.
- Add vegetable juice, diced tomatoes, water and bouillon; bring to a boil.
- Add mixed vegetables and pasta; cook 10 minutes.
- Add beans, cabbage and zucchini; simmer 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with cheese if desired.