Roasted Halibut with Greek Relish
Grilled flaky halibut topped with a Greek relish made with Petite Diced tomatoes, fresh basil, Kalamata olives, onion and feta cheese from Chef JJ's Backyard!
2 (14.5 ounce) cans Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz, drained or 1 (28 ounce) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes 28 oz, drained1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil3 garlic cloves, minced1/2 tablespoon kosher salt1/4 cup chopped fresh basil10 ounces Kalamata olives, sliced about 1/4 inch thick1 small red onion, finely diced3 ounces feta cheese2 tablespoons red wine vinegar2 tablespoons canola oil2 pounds Halibutor white fish of choiceKosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients, except the halibut, together and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Pre-heat grill to 400° degrees with indirect heat.
- Season halibut fillets lightly with salt and black pepper.
- Place seasoned halibut on grill and roast for 8-10 minutes or until the fish just begins to flake.
- When fish is almost done, place a small amount of the tomato relish on top of the fish and allow to warm through.
- Remove fish from heat and place it on a small pile of the tomato relish allowing the heat of the fish to warm the tomato relish through. Serve warm.