Sausage Rigatoni Bake
Rigatoni is a tube shaped pasta like penne or ziti, but bigger. This baked pasta is a lot like lasagna, hearty and full of flavor, but easier to put together and on the table in under an hour! Leftovers can easily be frozen for easy meals later on. Make it tonight!
8 ounces rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil1 garlic clove, minced1 pound Italian sausage, hot or mild, casings removed1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes Roasted with Garlic & Onion 14.5 oz1 (15 ounce) can Red Gold® Tomato Sauce 15 oz1 (6 ounce) can Red Gold® Tomato Paste 6 oz1 tablespoon Italian seasoning1 tablespoon sugar1 teaspoon fennel seeds1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauceSalt and black pepper to taste3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add sausage and stir to break up and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, sugar, fennel, Worcestershire sauce, salt and black pepper; stir to combine. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes to blend flavors.
- Combine the pasta with the meat sauce, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and spoon mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.