Spicy Korean Chili Glazed Meatballs
Gochujang is a staple in Korean cooking. A sauce made from red chili paste and other ingredients is the perfect addition for the sticky glaze in these meatballs. Sweet, garlicky and savory, this diverse appetizer works for a game day buffet or a fancy holiday spread.
18 prepared frozen meatballs, cooked according to package directions and cooled1 tablespoon vegetable oil1 teaspoon garlic puree1 teaspoon ginger puree1/2 cup Red Gold® Folds of Honor Ketchup 32 oz1/2 cup karo light corn syrup1/4 cup gochujang chili sauceScallions, sliced for garnishSesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small sauce pan or sauté pan add oil and heat over medium high heat. When hot, add garlic and ginger puree. Sauté for one minute.
- Add ketchup, corn syrup and gochujang chili sauce. Mix together with small wire whip or whisk.
- Add 12 to 18 meatballs and simmer gently until meatballs are heated through.
- Serve garnished with sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds
- A serving is considered 3, 1 ounce meatballs. Glaze can be easily doubled or tripled depending on how many meatballs you wish to serve.
- Meatballs can be set out with fancy picks on a platter for a holiday party or put in your slow cooker on low to serve on a game day buffet.