Comfort food at its best! While you slave away at work, dinner is simmering away at home in your slow cooker. Home made beef stew is hearty with beef, vegetables, potatoes, our Fresh Squeezed Tomato Juice and Petite Diced Tomatoes – guaranteed to warm your chilled bones!
Salt and black pepper to taste2 tablespoons flour1/2 pound cubed beef stew meat1 tablespoon vegetable oil1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables1 cup peeled and cubed potatoes1 cup chopped cabbage
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Combine salt, black pepper and flour in a plastic bag or large shallow bowl. Add beef, seal and shake to coat meat.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add beef and brown on all sides. Move meat to a slow cooker and add tomato juice and beef broth; stir to combine. Stir in diced tomatoes, mixed vegetables, potatoes and cabbage.
- Turn slow cooker on HIGH until mixture boils. Then reduce heat to LOW and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
Stove top Directions:
- In a large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add seasoned and floured beef to the hot pot and brown on all sides. Pour in tomato juice and beef broth; stir to combine, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Stir in diced tomatoes, mixed vegetables, potatoes and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until potatoes are soft and meat is fully cooked.