Chicken Enchilada Dip
This is a savory baked dip made with a delicious enchilada sauce, creamy cheese and chicken. The ultimate game day dip or any day dip!
2 tablespoons vegetable oil4 garlic cloves, minced1/4 cup water2 tablespoons chili powder1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano2 teaspoons cumin1 teaspoon onion powder1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast, use rotisserie for a shortcut8 ounces cream cheese8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided in half
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and saute just until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients to pan and stir well to combine. Cover and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Reserve a 1/2 cup of sauce and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the remaining sauce, shredded chicken, cream cheese, and half of the shredded Monterey Jack Cheese. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 9 inch pie plate or 8 inch square glass baking dish. Spread the reserved 1/2 cup of the reserved sauce over the mixture, then sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over the top. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with sturdy corn chips or veggie sticks.