Chicken Gyros with Cucumber Salsa
Make ahead for easy-to-grab lunches throughout the week. Juicy chicken topped with a fresh, cool salsa all stuffed in a pita! Put your salsa and chicken in separate containers and assemble when you're ready to eat.
1 large cucumber, peeled and seeded1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped1/4 teaspoon lemon juiceSalt and black pepper to taste2 cups cooked chicken, shredded1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped2 garlic cloves, minced1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil4 (8 inch) pita bread rounds, flat with no pocket1 cup Green Goddess Salad Dressing1 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- Salsa - Cut cucumber into ¼ inch pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, parsley, mint, lemon juice, salt and black pepper; stir to combine.
- Toss chicken with oregano, rosemary and garlic cloves. Brush 1 side of pita with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place bread, oiled side up on cookie sheet with sides. Broil, rotating bread for even browning, about 2 minutes.
- Spread some of the dressing on the warm bread and top with chicken, lettuce and salsa.
- Fold in half and place on a piece of foil. Seal bottom of foil to hold gyro together. Serve remaining lettuce, salsa and dressing on the side