Goat Cheese Stuffed Portobello Burgers
Whether on a bun or on its own, this goat cheese stuffed Portobello is perfect for both cheese and spice lovers alike. Use crimini mushrooms and skip the bun for a bite-sized appetizers!
4 portobello mushroom caps, stem and gills removed2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil1 small shallot, chopped1 small onion, chopped3 garlic cloves, minced1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped4 ounces goat cheeseSalt and black pepper to taste4 buns, toasted
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush outsides of each mushroom cap with 1 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
- In a small skillet heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil over medium-low heat. Add shallot, onion and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes. Then add bell pepper and diced tomatoes; sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Place goat cheese in a mixing bowl and add heated vegetables; stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Fill mushroom caps with vegetable-goat cheese mixture
- Place mushroom caps on grill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until mushroom is tender.
- Place on a toasted bun.
Option: To serve as an appetizer, skip the bun and stuff the goat cheese mix into crimini or baby bella mushrooms, perfect for a bite-sized appetizer!