Grilled Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Fresh herbs are the base of this delicious sauce that goes perfectly with grilled meats. We add a new twist with our petite diced tomatoes for a punch of fresh tomato flavor.
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped4 garlic cloves, finely minced1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped2 scallions, finely minced1 (4 ounce) can green chilies1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil1/2 teaspoon sea saltBlack pepper to taste1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes3 tablespoons red wine vinegar1/2 teaspoon ground cumin2 pounds steak of choice
- Mix all the ingredients, except steak, together in a small bowl.
- About 20 minutes before grilling, remove the steak from the refrigerator and let sit, covered, at room temperature.
- Heat your grill to high. Brush the steak on both sides with oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135° F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140° F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150° F).
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board or platter, tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- You can serve the Chimichurri immediately or let it sit at room temperature for 12 hours. It is recommended you consume the sauce the day it is made. It can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for a day or two but let it set out until it is room temperature before serving.