Slow Cooker Parmesan Pork Roast
Lean pork loin becomes tender and juicy in your slow cooker. This pork loin has a Parmesan crust and tomato sauce from our stewed tomatoes and tomato puree for a delicious family meal.
Pork2-2 1/2 pounds pork loinSalt and black pepper to taste
Crust1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese2 tablespoons honey1 tablespoon soy sauce1 tablespoon dried basil1 tablespoon garlic, minced1 tablespoon olive oilSalt and black pepper to taste
Slow Cooker Sauce1 tablespoon olive oil1/2 onion, finely chopped
Final Sauce1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch2 tablespoons water
- In a non-stick skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Season pork loin generously with salt and pepper. Sear pork on all sides-transfer to a plate and save the remaining oil/pork juice mixture.
- Combine crust ingredients in a medium sized bow and set aside.
- Add olive oil to skillet and heat over medium-high. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomato puree and bring to a simmer. Then reduce heat for 5 minutes.
- Add stewed tomatoes to the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour the tomato puree mixture into the slow cooker. Place pork loin in the slow cooker. Spread the crust mixture over the top of the pork loin. Cover slow cooker and cook for 7-7 ½ hours on low or 3-3 ½ hours on high or until internal pork temperature is 145° F.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, cover to keep warm and let rest. Remove stewed tomatoes from slow cooker and reserve. Pour tomato sauce into a small sauce pan. Blend the water and cornstarch in a separate bowl to make a slurry. Pour into saucepan and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Slice pork, arrange stewed tomatoes over the top and pour the tomato sauce over the sliced pork and serve.