Spinach and Artichoke Egg Cups
Crustless mini quiches made in muffin tins make an easy grab and go breakfast! These egg cups are portable and easy to make on the weekend for breakfast, and then grab-and-go throughout the week...or perfect for a brunch menu or tailgate breakfast
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil1 small yellow onion, chopped1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped2 garlic cloves, minced2 cups fresh spinach, chopped1 (14.5 ounce) can artichokes, hearts quartered, drained and finely chopped1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano2 tablespoon fresh chopped basil1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper2 cups feta cheese, crumbled, or shredded white cheddar cheese1 cup Grated Parmesan cheese8 large eggs1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, making sure you completely cover all surfaces of each cup to prevent sticking.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add onion and bell pepper, cook until tender; about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted; about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts, oregano, basil, and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and black pepper; stir to combine.
- Pour 1/4 cup of mixture into each muffin cup.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk and tomatoes; whisk together. Pour egg mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups, then top with 1 tablespoon of feta and 2 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until eggs are set and slightly golden around the edges. A knife inserted into the center should come out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle each egg cup with basil, if desired.
- Will keep in refrigerator 3 to 4 days or can be frozen and reheated in microwave.