Sweet and Spicy Tomato Jam
This sweet and spicy jam can be served on so many things, you will want to keep a jar in the fridge at all times. Tomato Jam is perfect as an appetizer topping a small slice of cheese on a cracker, or pairs well with chicken or pork for a savory glaze, or over baked fish. Slather it on a toasted bagel topped with cream cheese...so many options!
2 tablespoons shallot, diced1 tablespoon garlic, crushed1/4 cup water1 tablespoon salt1 tablespoon red wine vinegar1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce1 teaspoon red pepper flakes3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce, such as Sriracha or sambal oelek1/2 cup brown sugar, plus 1 Tablespoon1 3/4 cup sugar2 tablespoons pectin
- In a large, heavy-bottom saucepan saute shallots and garlic in olive oil for 3-5 minutes, careful not to burn.
- Add the tomato products, water, salt, vinegar, Worcestershire, pepper flakes, chili garlic sauce, brown and white sugars.
- Taste and adjust for salt and sweetness to your liking.
- Add pectin and bring to a hard boil for one (1) full minute.
- Pour mix into hot, clean jars and cook in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Store and refrigerate for up to three months.