BBQ Baked Beans
Redneck Riviera 1776 BBQ Sauce Original gives this classic barbecue side dish a smokey flavor that pairs perfectly with chicken, pork, burgers, or hot dogs. With just a little prep of chopping, these baked beans are ready in under 30 minutes!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and cook chopped bacon for 3 to 4 minutes until bacon starts to crisp and renders fat.
- Add the onions, garlic, bell peppers, and cook for 4-5 minutes until vegetables soften and onions just start to brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the coarse ground mustard, brown sugar, and BBQ sauce, mix and cook to dissolve the sugar.
- In a 2 quart ( 8x8 inch square or 8x10 rectangle) casserole dish, add the beans and the bacon and vegetable mix; mix well. Place in preheated oven and bake for 30-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let beans sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Cook's Note: to easily chop bacon, place bacon slices in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to firm for easier chopping, but do not freeze solid.