Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Tacos
Chorizo, eggs, cheese and our avocado salsa make for the perfect breakfast, weekday, weekends – any time! Make the egg, potato and chorizo ahead so you have breakfast done!
Avocado Salsa3 tablespoons fresh lime juice2 tablespoons fresh cilantro1 garlic clove, minced1 avocado, pitted and diced1/4 cup red onion, finely choppedKosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Breakfast Tacos1 tablespoon vegetable oil8 ounces ground chorizo2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubesKosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste6 large eggs4 (6 inch) Flour or corn tortillas1 cup shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend1/4 cup sour creamHot sauce, optional, for serving
- Mix together all of the salsa ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chorizo until browned and cooked through, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and cook, covered, stirring occasionally until soft, about 6 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to plate with chorizo.
- Whisk eggs and sprinkle with salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add eggs to same skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring until eggs are softly set, 1 to 2 minutes. Return the chorizo and potatoes to the skillet and toss with the eggs to warm through and finish cooking the eggs.
- Warm tortillas either in a microwave or in a skillet to make pliable. Place about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture on a tortilla, top with cheese; then salsa and fold tortilla over to make a taco. Serve with sour cream and hot sauce on the side.