Grilled Chicken Skewers with Tangy BBQ Sauce
Juice chicken thighs on skewers kicked up with a homemade barbecue sauce made using our Chili Ready Tomato Sauce and Sriracha ketchup for a little kick. Swap out the chicken with shrimp or cubed pork; add some veggies - make it yours! Make the BBQ sauce ahead of your next cook out with family for easy prep. Everyone will gobble these up in no time.
Tangy Barbcue Sauce1 yellow onion, minced6 garlic cloves, minced3 tablespoons vegetable oil1 (15 ounce) can Red Gold® Chili Ready Tomato Sauce for Chili 15 oz4 tablespoons Sriracha Ketchup by Red Gold, only Red Gold uses authentic Huy Fong Sriracha Sauce1/4 cup brown sugar2 tablespoons Dijon mustard3 tablespoons light or mild molasses1 tablespoon smoked paprikasalt and pepper to taste
Chicken Skewers8 bonless, skinless chicken thighs1 garlic clove, minced1 tablespoon olive oil1 tablespoon fresh ime juice, about 1/2 of a small lime12 medium skewers
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chili ready tomato sauce, sriracha ketchup, and remaining sauce ingredients, bring to a boil then reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a blender and blend until smooth, you may need to do this in batches and be careful of hot content. Pour sauce into a container such as a canning jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- When ready to cook, preheat your grill to hot. If using wooden skewers, soak for 10-20 minutes before cooking.
- Cut chicken thighs into 1 inch pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the garlic, olive oil, lime juice, and toss. Let chicken set for 10 minutes. Then place 4 chicken pieces onto a skewer. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Pour about a cup of the BBQ sauce into a bowl. Place skewers onto the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Baste chicken with BBQ sauce and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve chicken with your favorite side or barbecue side and remaining BBQ sauce for dipping.