Rotisserie Chicken and Black Bean Street Tacos
Street tacos are all the rage right now, try our crispy version made with Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, Mission Street Taco Corn Tortillas and Bush’s Sidekicks Taco Fiesta Black Beans. This recipe makes 36 tacos, plenty for a small crowd to enjoy with your favorite Red Gold salsa!
4 tablespoons Rouses olive oil1 Medium onion, chopped2 cloves garlic, chopped½ teaspoon salt¼ teaspoon black pepper1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies 14.5 oz1 lime, juicedRouses Rotisserie Chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces and shredded (leftover rotisserie chicken works great!)1 (15.1 ounce) can Bush’s® Sidekicks™ Taco Fiesta™ Black Beans2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro1 cup shredded Rouses Monterey Jack cheese36 Mission® Street Taco Corn Tortillas1 (15.5 ounce) jar Red Gold® Mild Salsa 15.5 oz, or medium or hot flavor
- Preheat oven to 200o F. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Add onion and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes until onions are beginning to soften. Season with salt and pepper. Add the diced tomatoes and green chilies. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook about 3-4 minutes to reduce the liquid. Remove from heat, add the fresh lime juice.
- In a large bowl add the shredded chicken, beans, fresh chopped cilantro, the tomato mixture and shredded cheese. Mix gently with a rubber spatula until thoroughly combined.
- In 12-inch skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Place 1 rounded tablespoon of chicken filling on 1/2 of a tortilla and flatten so that it covers out to the edges. Place 4 tortillas in the skillet and allow to heat for about 15 seconds to soften. Fold tortilla in half covering filling, press top down firmly. Fry until golden brown (1-2 minutes), flip over and fry other side another 1-2 minutes. Remove from skillet and place on foil lined baking tray. Sprinkle lightly with salt and place in warm oven. Continue until all the filling is gone (makes about 36 tacos).
- Transfer tacos to a serving platter and enjoy with a side of your favorite Red Gold Salsa!