Tomato Garlic Hummus
This healthy dip is a breeze to make! Our Garlic and Olive Oil Petite Diced Tomatoes cook down to create a delicious sauce that is poured over store bought hummus - that's it! Holiday appetizer, game day food, after school snack, whenever you crave the taste of the Mediterranean have this ready for dipping.
1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes with Garlic & Olive Oil 14.5 oz1 carton prepared hummus, your favorite brand, plain or garlic flavor
- Drain the tomatoes and reserve the juice.
- In a food processor, chop the tomatoes leaving them chunky. You do not want paste.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the reserved juice from the tomatoes until it reduces to a thick sauce.
- Combine the coarsely chopped tomatoes and the thickened juice. Taste and check for salt, adjust if needed.
- Place your humus in a small bowl, top with the tomato mixture. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with pita chips and vegetable sticks.