BBQ Potato Salad
A mayo-free potato salad featuring Redneck Riviera 1776 BBQ sauce as the base - even better than the classic! Perfect for taking to backyard barbecues, picnics, or beach lunches. A great pairing for grilled chicken, burgers on the grill, hot dogs, or BBQ ribs.
Potato Salad6 slices bacon3 pounds medium red potatoessalt, for boiling potatoes6 scallions or green onions, sliced, both green and white parts
BBQ Dressing1/2 cup Redneck Riviera® Redneck Riviera 1776 Original BBQ Sauce2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar1 tablespoon Dijon mustard2 cloves of garlic, chopped1/2 of a small onion, rough chopped1/2 cup vegetable oil1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy and the fat has rendered or cooked off. Drain cooked bacon on paper towels and set aside to cool. Reserve bacon drippings in a small bowl. Break or chop cooked bacon into 1/4" to 1/2" pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt to boiling water, then add potatoes and return to a boil. Cook potatoes for 10 minutes. Remove from water and allow to cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half and put in a medium-sized mixing bowl, toss with reserved bacon drippings. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a grill pan or outdoor grill, heat pan or grill to high heat. In a couple of batches, place potatoes cut-side down and grill for 10-12 minutes, flipping every 3 minutes to get good grill marks. Cook the potatoes until a knife can pierce the potato easily. Remove from the grill or pan and allow to cool to room temperature. Cut the halved grilled potatoes into quarters.
- To make the dressing, combine the BBQ sauce, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, and onion in the bowl of a blender or small food processor. Pulse to a puree, about 30-45 seconds. Slowly stream in the oil until the mixture is fluffy and incorporated.
- Pour the dressing over the cooled potatoes, add the bacon, scallions, salt and pepper; mix well. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired. Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.