What could be better than buttery, ripe avocado smashed onto hearty, crusty bread? Not only does it taste incredible, but the combo of healthy fats and fiber is also super satisfying no matter what time of day hunger strikes.
- Toast bread in toaster or under broiler.
- Combine avocado, lemon juice, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Lightly mash avocado mixture using a fork.
- Place toast slices on a foil-lined baking sheet. Evenly spread the avocado mixture on the toast. Combine petite diced tomatoes and basil vinaigrette in a small bowl. Top with tomato mixture and a good sprinkle of goat cheese.
- Place under the broiler for about 2 to 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.
Fun Food Trend
For a gluten-free version, serve on sweet potato toast by slicing a sweet potato into 1/4 inch lengthwise slices and cook in a toaster (you may need to trim the ends to fit in your toaster). cook on the highest setting. Toast until you get to desired softness and heat, may take 3-4 times. Or you can cook slices on sheet pan in a 450 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.