A whole new way to enjoy a classic comfort food favorite, lasagna! Using our Chili Ready Tomato Products that have just the right amount of chili seasoning for a savory dish. Layers of pasta with seasoned ground beef, green chilies, chili ready tomatoes and plenty of cheese make this comforting lasagna. We make it easier to make this lasagna by using no cook, oven-ready lasagna noodles, no hot noodles to handle!
1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Chili Ready Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz1 (15 ounce) can Red Gold® Chili Ready Crushed Tomatoes 15 oz1 (15 ounce) can Red Gold® Chili Ready Tomato Sauce for Chili 15 oz1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies1 medium onion, chopped1 teaspoon garlic, chopped2 teaspoons olive oil3/4 teaspoon kosher salt1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained8 ounces ricotta cheese, whole milk variety8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese1 (9 ounce) box lasagna noodles, no cook, oven ready variety
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet, add onion, garlic and chopped green chilies. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until onions are tender. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup of the onion mixture and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine all three cans of the chili ready tomato products, stir to blend.
- To the remaining onion mixture, add cooked ground beef, salt and 2 1/2 cups of the tomato mixture.
- Now to assemble! Spray the a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Place 1 cup of the chili ready tomato mixture on the bottom of the baking dish and spread. Place 4 noodles on top of the sauce, overlapping as needed. Layer 1/3 of the ricotta cheese on top of the noodles by tablespoon dollops and spread as best you can. Top with 2 ounces of shredded cheese and then 1/3 of the meat mixture. Repeat 2 times ending with a top layer of noodles. Pour remaining tomato sauce mixture over the noodles spreading it to the edges. Sprinkle the last of the cheese over the sauce.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with non-stick spray and cover tightly. Allow to sit for 20 minutes at room temperature then bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to set for 10 minutes before serving.
- You can serve with sliced green onions and sour cream if you wish.