Confetti Potato Salad
This salad starts with a base of red potatoes but then charts new territory with added tomatoes and eggs. Carrots add color and texture, and Mexican spices supply a little bit of heat.
2 strips bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered3 eggs, hard boiled and sliced1 carrot, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced1 cup thinly sliced red onion1 cup sliced scallions2 (14.5 ounce) cans Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz or 1 (28 ounce) can Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes 28 oz, drained6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil2 tablespoons wine vinegar3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsleySalt and black pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain and set aside.
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, 20 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- To the potatoes, add bacon, eggs, carrots, onion, scallions and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil and vinegar until combined. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently.
- Cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Right before serving add parsley, salt and black pepper, mix well.
- Serve warm or well chilled.