Chorizo Southwest Burger
2 pounds lean ground beef1/2 pound chorizo2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce2 tablespoons dried minced onion2 garlic cloves, minced2 teaspoons kosher salt1 teaspoon smoked paprika2 teaspoons cumin1/2 teaspoon dried oregano1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper1 (4 ounce) can green chilies1 cup chopped onion3 avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed1 lime, juiced1 tablespoon chili powder1/8 teaspoon red pepper10 hamburger buns
- Mix together ground beef and ground chorizo with Worcester sauce, dried onion and garlic. Form into 10 even patties.
- Mix 1 teaspoon salt, paprika, 1 teaspoon cumin, oregano, cilantro, and red pepper in a flat dish. Place each hamburger patty in the dish and coat thoroughly with spice mix.
- Combine petite diced tomatoes, green chilies, onion, avocado, lime juice, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cumin, chili powder, and red pepper. Chill avocado topping before serving.
- Grill burger over high heat for about 2 minutes per side, then remove from heat and grill an additional 6 minutes on indirect heat. This can be achieved by using a higher rack found on many gas grills or by placing the coals on only one side of a charcoal grill.
- In the last minute of grilling place buns cut side down on grill. Remove and serve burgers on toasted buns topped with guacamole spread.